Enjoy the splendor of Maine with an outdoor experience that’s sure to leave you (and your friends) feeling revitalized. Just think about which activities you would like to do, how mellow or intense your adventure should be, when to go, and leave the details to us. Adventures range from a couple of hours to day trips and weekend-long excursions. Individuals of all levels of ability are welcome.
Personally-guided adventures may include:
- Hiking: Everything from a “stopping to smell the roses” stroll in the woods to “are we there yet?!” treks
- Swimming: A refreshing dip in Casco Bay to “My triathlon is how many weeks away?!” training sessions
- Paddle Boarding: Explore the Royal River or give arms, shoulders and core a workout on Casco Bay
- Yoga: If you want to find your OM in the woods or on the water, we’ve got that covered, too. Namaste!
- Glamping @ MHT: After a hike, bike, ski or snowhshoe, enjoy amenities at one of the Maine Huts and Trails beautiful huts; private bunks for overnight stays, warming rooms, freshly-cooked, delicious meals and even a cash bar
Stand-Up Paddle Board (SUP) Lessons
Schedule a one-on-one lesson or join a group to make some new friends. All lessons are 1hr+/- and will be on the Royal River or off Sandy Point Beach depending on weather, tides, temps, and wind. Here are a few things to consider before signing up:
- You may get wet (it is possible you may fall in … not the goal but possible), wear a bathing suit and bring a towel and dry clothes
- A hat, sunglasses, and sunblock are all highly recommended
- You can bring water shoes (although I like to be barefoot)
- Bring water /snacks for the beach should you arrive early or want to hang out after
- If you have your own life jacket, bring it or use one of ours
- There is a 24-hr cancellation policy (weather is the only exception)
Please see our calendar for all current time slots.
SUP Excursions, Classes, & Rentals
If you already have the SUP basics down, join an excursion! Group SUP events happen all summer long, and include both sunrise and sunset paddles. See our calendar for scheduled dates, times, and locations.
“Challenge Your Core on the Board” workout classes. See our calendar for scheduled dates, times, and locations.
Board pick-up and drop-off is at the Fitness Success studio. All SUPs are inflatable for easy transport. Paddles and life vests provided. ½-day and full-day rentals available. For more information, please contact us.
Fat Bike Trips/Rentals
Try a new and exciting winter activity – Fat Biking! We offer both local and destination trail rides with bike rental options. A fat bike excursion schedule can be found on our calendar. For more information about trips and rental rates, please contact us.